Saturday, November 9, 2013

International Yodelling Convocations [REVISED]


If ignored, whatever was wrong would go away - I thought; 
but when I could not control the notes while trying to sing as
mother played, it seemed as if sound ran away & something
had to be done - thus your insistence that I try your curry,


After a breakfast of egg-and-chips exacerbated the problem,
I have seldom felt so deeply affected by the allergy - though
it’s bad to lose my mind, losing song also is so much worse;
Mother still asked me to sing at their concert – imagine the


Chaos if I can’t find my notes while the music runs on and
the audience have to succumb – no thanks, there’s enough
failures in my past, the solo in operetta at school - a total
mess, music night at university - screeching like a crow


No way, won’t do it to myself and others again - I have not
yet found a way to keep my voice stable while reaching for
the high notes in the last line of I Walk With God, I will not
not force others to endure my attempts at singing the coda


I’ll keep my energy for pestering colleagues and the droves
of innocent security guards - yodelling on the stairwell and
laughing at my amazingly noisy imitations of International
yodelling convocations!

9 November 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...