Friday, February 28, 2014

Endings Do Not Exist

I’m cold, cold, cold, freezing in the land of the sun,
ice queen wrap around my shoulders wearing purple
T-shirt and freezing underneath, autumn always brings
nostalgia and pain for something lost, I know not what


A holiday at the sea-side is all that keeps me going now,
next step is to find long socks for cold feet – and my heart
burning, fear for the coming of winter - - remembering the
sadness of death and decay, the scant time left to see mom


And dad, the negotiations entailed to organise visiting them,
I wanted to forget the end of summer by swimming yet the
cold draft kept me back and I wish for a world where endings
do not exist, only dramatic beginnings and unending love…


[28 February 2014]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...