Thursday, February 20, 2014

What It Takes (REVISED)

Imagination failed me,
staring at words without vision
without emotional meaning,
without music or rhythm or symbolism;
cannot meditate to transcend
or lift off into a parallel dimension,
my characters deserted the stage,
I seek them everywhere, looking
into the depths of my mind

Only me without a story,
without events in my head,
seeking redress in a colour palette;
finding nowhere to rest my lonely
spirit, my twin has the same problem -
I can hide sitting here stringing words
in translations but she has to keep going
as her employees fail to heed her peppery
tongue, and she’ s taking pills

I’m taking a different set
yet it is all the same thing in the end,
we struggle with easy tasks;
Wonderland Alice in mauve,
purple magenta & pink & the
Duchess in Snow-Queen blue
with silver glitter don’t feel healthy and bright;
is it a spiritual disturbance?

Maybe we were both meant to be
spiritualist mediums, heeding the voice
of departed spirits - since we never developed
this faculty we might be persecuted by
angry spirits who want to break through -
I am willing to tell you your fortune if this
is what it takes to feel better again….

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...