Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Self-Discipline [REVISED]

A self-discipline deficiency negatively influences
my self-esteem - compounded by lack of listening
skills - carry magazines when attending meetings;
cannot even listen to OWN consciousness stream
subject to a toxic cocktail of chemicals

Body shuts down after eating certain things
cannot comprehend any of the words in front
of me, feels like competing against successful
athletes while I’m paralysed - forever lagging
behind – only half a mind functioning

Limped down to the library, returned without
a book, allergy making it impossible to think
clearly and I couldn’t find the desired read;
knowing my hero* read War And Peace in
three days while I refuse to consider it

Fearing Russian poignancy, so let me tackle
a new day and try to learn self-discipline

[*hero: Nelson Mandela read Tolstoy’s War and Peace
in 3 days]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...