Monday, February 17, 2014

Rain Check


So its your first day on Planet Earth, we bid you 
you welcome with fondest greetings; it is clearly 
seen you have an open pass, you’re privileged 
thus to choose anything you wish to be 

You’d like to ask how on earth they know this - 
or would if it made sense, but daren’t, its risky 
assuming anything as you aren’t sure where 
your feet are set, or are actually yours - and

Asking - Where am I, isn’t de rigueur; it seems 
rude to not accept you’re really where they’ve 
stated; perhaps it is better expressed - I do not 
understand how I come to be here - which is - 

Where, please? The nub of it, sure’s yesterday 
you’d a fair idea but, if this is the first day that’s 
clearly in error - so where were you before this 
existence came into magical being 

Nowhere - at least in the sense you weren’t of 
this reality, & therefore couldn’t be anyone but 
whomever you were, whereas here your pass 
permits that to be whatever takes your fancy 

Err, can I have a rain check on this; if its okay 
with you I’m happy as a nobody who’s grist in  
th’ breeze being nothing in particular, and yes 
I’ve done it before, really its easy 

© 17 February 2014, I. D. Carswell

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...