Sunday, November 8, 2015

Zest For Life (R)

Mom
 
Dad
I was unwilling to be working with the broken air-con;
started humming snatches of old songs: Blue Spanish
Eyes & old Dutch hymns - prayerfully I started floating
as peace filled my heart, followed the rhythm going to
Human Resources - a den of iniquity originating new,
idiotic decrees - danced my way there hands aloft and
felt so good, came back - filled in the leave form
 
Ready for my Cape trip to face my angry Duchess who
says dieting fouls her temper, so beware, & keep quiet
as Scorpio taught me - then it’ll be fine; she argues with
Mom & gallant Pete - must prepare for retorts that may
electrocute my mind, delete years ’til I’m just five years
old - better take books & my laptop, sit quietly until she
feels better - prepared for a broken-spring bed which
 
Endangered my last visit’s sleep; watch dad’s twinkling
eyes enjoying his favourite music, Oom Chris Blignaut
& Silver de Lange playing concertina, delighting in his
joie-de-vivre taking tea with his 90-year old best friend,
a supposed Sir who tills the garden - we think but can’t
be sure, listen as mom syncopates Schubert % Chopin -
but plays Debussy with feeling; wish I could embroider
 
Or crochet to fit into the scene - knitting with the pink
fluffiness of a Miss Marple while my parents run about
with zest for life that few young people can emulate…
 
My Duchess
And me...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...