Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Light And Incense [Rev]

Singing opera, dancing and twirling, carolling and
marching to my tongue’s clicking; this October my
daughter is coming home from Fort Lauderdale -
it’s a long flight, an age to wait, I want to look deep
into her sparkling brown eyes & hear her acerbic
observations on her mom - of my strange hairstyle

Revel in her voice filling the house, be about when
she gets up with tousled hair, grumpily requests to
be left alone to do her own thing in her room - her
refuge from all of us, feel her next to me as we’re
watching TV, sensing a presence growing, an aura
bathing the house with light and incense, hear her

Berating the dogs all while cuddling her ancient cat;
it’s wonderful to dream of having my darling home
where she belongs as much as the flowers & stars
& the sun - where she is a queen and the beloved
of her mom all rolled into one; she’s a puckish wee
person infusing my life with energy & meaning; her

Make-believe cheek as we enjoy mock arguments -
winking & asking whether I don’t think we play out a
witty American sitcom perfectly - and she’s perfect
to me…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...