Thursday, October 6, 2016

The New Burkini [Rev]

Our Managing Director calls to everyone: Look
at her strange attire – I am battling the freezing
office conditions until the sun rises - wearing a
black burka blouse and scarf, sleeveless black
lace jacket & black school jersey - also

The large, green fleecy jacket of an Irish goblin
and a magnificent magenta blanket over my so
amazing ensemble, all laughing and remarking
on my bare feet – I stand all day so shoes are
uncomfortable and I forgot to bring socks -

Peace restored, drinking hot chocolate brings
heat and I ditch the paraphernalia till only the
black burka top and magenta blanket are left -
I dream of bathing in the sea, clad in the new
Burkini* covering me from top to toe, though

My Afrikaans brethren might succumb to severe
shock on seeing this Dutch-decendant looking
just like a radical Muslim suicide bomber rolling
in the waves, the Burkini protecting me against
the ravages suffered in traditional swimsuits

Sighing I stop day-dreaming & return to the
very exciting and inspiring “Legal aspects
of human settlements” text...


[*Burkini – a burka-bikini covers all except the face;
the Mayor of Paris immediately forbade it as it is
dangerous to swim in street clothes]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...