Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Near Nirvana [Rev]

Its soft as prime, glossy silk and rounded like the
finest wine or the taste of real maple syrup - now
the at least three weeks adrenaline storm which
ransomed me, is over, peace returns and I hope
to reach my inner cathedral from which a cocktail
mix banned me with overpowering feelings - tight
screws about my head loosen: Nici’s back, finally

My heart’s emotions release their suffocating hold,
I’m sitting here in her chaotic room breathing again,
viewing her photographs - she and brother playing
a card game; all’s well, the world’s uprighted itself,
my hideous headache’s gone, she’s safe, the tight
muscles relax and I can now eat and breathe in an
unalloyed joy of having my daughter home

Soft rain falling outside accentuates the wonder of
the time; she hasn’t changed, still the same bright
little one-person explosive ball of energy, suddenly
food and drink taste good again and I feel freedom
of being - all because she has returned with all her
bravado & cheek, smiling then laughing at us, my
darling child; now adrenaline overflow subsides

Velvet peace replacing effervescent sparkles that
smashed me in waves of anxiety now takes me as
near Nirvana as I’ll ever be…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...