Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Victim Of Glory And Peace Of Mind

Playing with the picture of a mermaid, she was not
mysterious enough, resembled Angelina Jolie - no
mystery there - so I had to camouflage her a bit,
cover the features of her face, there is a lot to be
said for a burka, the Hollywoodian trick of letting
it all hang out leaves nothing for the imagination,
I'm with Terry Pratchett on that; what I surmise
is so much better than what lies out in the open
for all to see; Angelina Jolie declared she has a
low self-image - the immediate reaction of the
glamour magazine was they poohed-poohed it -
they cannot dredge up a glimmer of sympathy
for someone as glamorous as Angelina Jolie;
yet her plight is crystal-clear; she is larger than
life with the same high profile as Marilyn Monroe,
the pressure must be immense - she has my
empathy; she is in need of as much human
comfort and warmth as you and I; but she
will only receive cold admiration; green envy
and jealous spite; that is no life for the faint of
heart, I would never be able to stand such
pressure myself and I wonder which of her
self-satisfied critics would be able to do so
themselves; she is the image of a goddess
sold to her own beauty and therefore the
victim of her own glory and success - it
drove Marilyn Monroe to distraction and
suicide; I prefer peace of mind and I wish
the same for the lovely Angelina Jolie...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...