Thursday, November 13, 2008

Adulation For fashionable Cynicism…


Just when I thought the situation untenable,
impossible for the hero to like the heroine,
suspecting the story’s creators couldn’t infuse
her character with redeeming aspects –
conceding idealism was an empty dream

They restored her admirable qualities in “My Fair
Lady” tradition, I was mesmerized, so pleased with
the plausible twist of events, deliciously delighted
by her integrity – my highest ideal, my most
wondrous dream

The evening becoming a renewal of my own pledge
to remain true to the my childhood dreams; not
succumbing to current materialistic cynicism using
ideals as ploys to attract the unthinking masses,
unwittingly providing ordinary people

With positive energy to face their lives with courage
and vitality while bleeding inspiration and greatness
from the thinking classes through their adulation for
fashionable cynicism…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...