Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We Cannot Escape, Try As We Might

Leading a good life, happy in content, treated
with respect by my beloved, peaceful work every
day, my only addition in visions to this life is the
requirement for more adventure and challenge
more daring events and excitement

All attempts to add something more has not yet
borne fruit, refusing to engage in dodging falling
pianos may not be most dramatic way to go, with
all so peaceful and safe life can be so boring and
stiff, I don’t know how to be foolish and innocent

Seeing pianos falling everywhere, knowing the result
before I start makes life so predictable, cannot suspend
judgment for adventure’s sake, cannot engage in
stupidity knowing the foregone conclusion,
cannot act the ingénue while I know

Every action has a counterbalancing reaction, every
change requires a certain price, calculating the price
and knowing humankind does not have enough to pay
for such momentous events, our minds too limited,
the scope of our imagination too small

I remain in this small, limited world created by intersubjective
criteria and irrational rules imposed by people on people,
a world without god’s rule because we are the creators our-
selves and we have given our power away a long time ago
and now, having sold ourselves to human powers

We are caught in a trap of our own making and we cannot
escape, try as we might…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...