Monday, September 23, 2013

Content And Peaceful [REVISED]

My universe has changed, with two Lois Lowry books on my
desk ‘Anastasia Has The Answers’ & ‘Anastasia’s Chosen
Career’ my Sputnik cockpit with controls to the Universe
is wholesome-filled with guaranteed goodness, and life

Shines highlighted in my cup’s overflowing, my flowers
smile and my hat promises safaris in Africa, I’m wearing a
bling-bling ring - cost next to nothing, my queenly promise
thus fulfilled, showed it to the girls at the library counter

A real diamond ring would incur the wrath of the gods - and
be snatched from my finger - such is life in the 21st Century
wearing the counterfeit means safety and laughter; taxis
dammed in Church Street keep blowing their horns

I give way to a big truck swinging around a corner, the driver
is thumbs-up, I reward him with a smile; looked for hair clips
as a paper clip holds my hair - cannot be too bad, it shows
I’m the studious kind of person, at least I hope so

Dawdled in shops with artificial flowers and pink sequined
hats - nearly bought one, found platform shoes that fit and
nearly bought them too but thrift held me back, already
I owe the bank my soul - yet feel content and peaceful…

Monday 23 September 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...