Friday, September 20, 2013

Diary Notes 20 September 2013

Just when I thought this day could not get any better, it got better – after
a great day at the office where I did NOT fall asleep in the heat – the air-con
starting to provide fresh air – Tiaan showed me that he had downloaded all
Terry Pratchett’s Discworld novels by using an app on his cell-phone and it
is all free – and he let me read the beginning of “Guards Guards”
unbelievable technology!


I receive my credit card and medical fund accounts by email and each one
claims I’ve got to download an app to be able to open the accounts, all sealed
for my protection – so I never get to read these as downloading an app is some-
thing I have never done, when I tried before it ended with a virus invading my
computer, now I’m wary of all these downloading recommendations…


Today is one of the best days of my life, I confessed my realisation of growing old
and the joy of discovering that we can still dream and escape from the confines of
reality - in a poem and sent it to our Chief Director who believes in my boundless
energy so I dedicated the poem to him as his positive belief always makes me feel
twenty years younger


And yesterday I bought “The Fifth Elephant” by Pratchett for R7.00 at the library,
an absolute bargain, and when reading “Anastasia Krupnik”, the world changed
and became an absolute dream…


Friday 20 September 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...