Saturday, September 21, 2013

To My Advantage [REVISED]

Having been snubbed once too often I’ve decided
on silence, if repeating myself earns comments -
“You’ve already told me, I refuse to listen to that
again”, then I shall keep the peace by not uttering
another unnecessary word; you’ll repeat yourself
ad infinitum on favourite subjects BUT the devil
take me when I have the temerity to broach the
same subject without your okay
 
You say if I insist on repeating the same words it
gives you the right to snub me as strongly as you
can – FINE, enjoy your right to admonish me, I’ll
keep my silence - there are others to talk to, but
NOT Nici, she says we both repeat ourselves and
she’d have reacted like you if I opened my mouth
in her presence, she hides in her room to keep
out of our word-play – there’s only Tiaan
 
With no problems when I speak, as well as my
poor colleagues who have to listen to me until they
can quietly turn away; if it weren’t for writing down
my feelings on the Internet, I’d have exploded in
your silent company where only YOUR words and
feelings are allowed – in future I shall read a book
on our way to work, use all spare time
 
For reading and writing notes in my diary – your
awful refusal to listen to what I have to say will be
to my advantage!
 
Saturday night - 21 September 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...