Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Become a Sphinx

Feeling terrible, having coached my nephew
to be positive and enthusiastic about his new-
born daughter, then the olive branch torn from
his hand and crushed underfoot - his suffering
shock and post-traumatic stress because of the
contrast between his positive expectations and
the cold reality of a half-crazed shrew screaming
at him as if she’s demon possessed


His sensitive heart broken; but with Leo Buscaglio
I recommended to take the risk to love, even love
too much, though taking risks brings such heart-
ache - now I wish he’d rather become  a Sphinx,
ice-cold, untouched - to think all his pain caused
by love, he offered compassion and she spat in
his face – now my heart is sore, feeling his pain
and sharing his sorrow tonight


[7 October 2014]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...