Friday, October 17, 2014

Moon Boot Love

Watching TV like a zombie, can't make
sense of this event, this accident with
badly torn left-foot ligaments, grade 3
the radiologist said; now I'm the proud
possessor of a moon-boot imprisoning
my  foot, a device from hell indeed - last
night I couldn't sleep - this heavy thing
making me a throbbing prisoner

I took the boot off, bare foot elevated
on pillows without blankets felt cool &
no swelling this morning - my beloved
insists wear the boot or it'll be surgery
to fix ligaments: perched on the couch
throbbing moon-boot-leg in the air but
after loosening Velcro straps this pain
subsides and the zombie's watching

TV again, safe in a moon-boot cocoon 
trying to find the happy mental channel
filled with love and peace, preparing
for non-physical by grooming my mind -
testing whether golden love bubbles to
the surface, yes, it does, I can trust
all I love, the universe in my head
will always exist, leading me

To my loved ones right after death…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...