Thursday, October 1, 2015

I Love You For It

For John Allen Richter:

I love your discourse on feelings and poets,
I love that you’re honest, chivalrous & good,
my world needs heroes like you, my love for
you doesn’t require you to change anything

Your being unique, strange and wonderful
keeps you in my heart for all time – I thank
you for teaching me to be brave & explain
how feelings feel, how to describe my heart

Racing when falling in love, loving the mind
of another is a gift – and I love you for it...


[To John Allen Richter who taught me about
honesty in a world full of people hidden behind
civility, playing roles, creating superficial barriers
between ourselves and the real universe]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...