Monday, May 23, 2016

For Reasons Oblique [R]

Conscientious colleagues watching me in concerted
effort to share the load of my being; saving the time
that my overworked, Chinese-studying supervisor &
the dashing Madame La Pompadour have to devote
to prevent me straying from the fold into the -


Pastoral panoramas of classical music and the lyrical
landscapes of poetry calling to me since I’m so much
a symbolist as in “Pelléas & Mélisande” - by Maurice
Maeterlinck; given my forbidden, doomed love for the
freedom of individual expression and creativity - thus


Earning high marks for kindness and flexibility & only
enough for scaling mountains of nonsensical texts &
E-filing procedures of these – though it should count
that I analyse the Astrogenetic sign of the employees
of His Majesty, the Zulu King and his 5,6 or 7 Queens


Having already corrected my new Job Description as
prescribed by the new Work Plan which includes the
translation from Spanish & Portuguese – and helping
an unwilling Afrikaans Section to churn out letters for
the Office of the President --- which are changed to


Suit the mood of officials tasked with assembly-line
translations: terms, syntax & grammatical rules so
the text never sings: alliteration, assonance, rhyme
& rhythm all forbidden as in modern Afrikaans Bible
versions, all for reasons oblique – it’s beyond me


To keep track of the pedagogical prescriptions of
our select group of modern language practitioners
where this Mélisande has to be watched carefully

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...