Wednesday, February 8, 2023

A Glorious Day [Rev]

This has been one of the best days of my life: Benny,

our verboten cat, allowed me to stroke him, then fell

asleep next to me - an astounding feat as I’m not a

cat person, finding it onerous bonding with felines -

 

And for the first time in ages I could help a friend with

chores since she’s not allowed to bend down - I even

unscrewed her dog-gate so she can drive past with

her walker - then I watched the BBC programmes -

 

Sir David Attenborough whispering about lions & the

female lion’s motherly instinct awoke just in time to

save the runt; he, in turn, befriended a lion cub called

“Dreamer” - and then hundreds of baboons 

 

Ascended a mountain and the troop leader fought off

an assault with the help of his female baboon harem;

a pair of penguins lost one penguin baby to the enemy

yet had another one left - how brilliant is that! 

 

My favourite group of people elucidated how they survived

the Total Onslaught meant to wipe them from the face of 

the earth - this was such a glorious day - and then it also

rained to make the grass green - hooray!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...