Monday, December 6, 2010

To You and Yours

Last night I had to sleep on the floor
my painful left shoulder and arm made
lying on anything soft impossible, the
headache that started last night is
growing worse - here I am at work

Desperately trying to earn my pension but
just wasting my time, I am so glad you are
doing upbeat things with your friend, though
raining and leaving lights on, you guys have
fun - I thought allowing myself to write

Enticing verse would help me overcome the
headache, but I have to admit to the contrary
effect, yet cannot let my correspondent down
I am convinced he is the world’s next Don Juan
forging ahead though feel like banging my head

And blow out my brains, maybe this is punishment
for a myriad sins, I’ll try to commit suicide by eating
sweet things that upset my sensitive digestion and
spread the pain - all in vain, of course; yet enough
of that - a lovely day to you and yours…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...