Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Folklore - Pratchett

Michelle lent me “Folklore” to read and I am amazed
and gratified that Pratchett provides the background
to everything that had me in stitches and filled with
wonderment also

The only thing he has not covered yet, as far as I can
see, is precession, the 25 000 year cycle of the earth’s
wobble marked by a cataclysm at the end of that period –
but I shall read on

Maybe he even has something about precession given that
the Maya and other cultures are well-known to him

It is a privilege and a rare delight to read how he worked towards
his ideas and how widely he read to be able to do this – the man
is a genius with a sense of humour – the best of the best of the best

I love the book and savour it, it is pure bliss reading it. Thank you
Michelle for lending it to me, I am so happy and content on perusing
the thought processes of my favourite author

I realize I am a golem with a chem in my head that forces me to work
when I would rather read Terry Pratchett’s books; though I resemble
a dwarf and like singing “Hi-ho, hi-ho…”

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...