Thursday, April 21, 2011

Almost Defrosted

I almost defrosted on reading your warm words,
but it is impossible in this mausoleum of an open-plan
office with its sub-Siberian temperatures where icicles
cling to my computer and my fingers and my feet are
frozen, thankfully I cannot feel them any more - I am
frozen in my seat, only a semblance of life left some-
where in my head and Terry Pratchett has become a
far-off memory as I struggle with strange terms and
shudder at every cold second passing - glad you like
the chocolate - I like the little Tiffany, though Death
is my favourite, Ridcully my bravest, Granny Weather-
wax my most brilliant and Susan my most wacky –
forget it; I love them all, I would LOVE to borrow the
book when you have enjoyed it to your heart’s content!


“I Shall Wear Midnight” Terry Pratchett - Main character
Tiffany Aching

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...