Friday, April 8, 2011

With a Good Grace

How stupid and self-destructive to have a profile on
Facebook when one does not exist, when family has
faded one out of existence; a twin sister decided to
make sure one is kept out of events

Never to see dad again unless I can learn to master
the tunes prescribed by the Lord and Master of the
Crocodile Castle and my sister, peppery-tongued
Duchess, Lady of the Manor

Will not let me pass unless I can dance the Lobster
quadrille; what infinite stupidity to leave myself vul-
nerable to feel it as she completes her Spiel, the
Crocodile becomes a fool in her own eyes

Better to remove the profile to breathe again, regarded
as a leper by family; accept their verdict with a good
grace, there is nothing left as dad did not express
a wish to see his errant daughter again

Why bother when all acquiesce – breaking away
with a good grace is all that is left…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...