Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fascination With Alien Information

I love reading about alien abductees, love
speculation about crop circles and strange
visitations, learning about occult communi-
cation, warbled voices from space, infinite
universes and proliferating lifeforms

Terry Pratchett’s irreverent account of go-
vernments successfully hushing up alien
encounters due to alien embarrassment
about abducting one another while making
crop circles and mutilating animals

To such an extent that all alien races are
banned from Earth until they determine
how many real humans they have really
abducted given a gloomy suspicion
they have only one large, hairy

Neanderthal – is a hit, though it will not
end my fascination with alien information
as I do not care about proof, mere hal-
lucination provides enough stimulation
to enrich my imagination


“Hogfather” Terry Pratchett, Victor
Gollancz, 1996, footnote on p 154

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...