Friday, January 13, 2012

Best Twin

Crying she came, GPS not working, Googlemaps
not serving its purpose, got lost, but here she is,
I comforted her, the driver is dumb, you are the
sweetie, sit down, open your gift, just as you
dreamed: a crystal cake stand, so beautiful,
you gave me a hat, knowing my fear of sun
on my head, the rest of me enjoying it

Her account of family: Mom suffering; healthy right
leg twitching at night; hip replacement left leg pain-
ful all day long, living in pain, praying for a miracle
no divine punishment, the simple consequence of
shortsightedness, no medical fund, no retribution
for sin, lack of financial acumen- may her spirit
escape the used-up body real soon

You bought me an asthma pump, I managed to
breathe freely – THIS is your real birthday gift
enabling me to inhale – thank you so much,
you are the greatest sister, the best twin
there is!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...