Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Love These Figurines

Every afternoon I catch the sun gilding my little
menagerie of figurines and wonder at it, knowing
the sun sent these golden beams makes me so
happy, my two mermaids (I prefer two of every-
thing) and the two small fairies on a sailor’s
chest, the porcelain shepherdess

The sun is mischievous, showing the dust clearly,
one day I shall get a glass dome for my group, now
just watching the sunlight creating theatrical effect,
no need to burn this image into my eyes to keep it
in my mind as the sun dims - I run to the study,
switch on the light to regard

Two miniature mermaids, the broken fairy, legs
covered in glitter, mounted on a bejewelled
mirror, I love these beautiful
figurines…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...