Friday, December 19, 2014

My Brother Atilla the Hun [REV.]

Without wisdom & self-discipline my brother Atilla
the Hun still sits in an ethical morass we were born
into, he rejected the help of a children's book series
offering a moral system which saw me through child-
hood and led me through the darkest days of my life


Sired into an ethical vacuum, Atilla rejected idealism
in mother's religion - she detested grandma & Dad
with whom he identified, sharing his fate as Conan
the Barbarian mentally fixated in a nightmare world
of violent childhood, never rising into self-respect -
and as Queen of Hearts mom simply insisting


'All ways are my ways', trying to change everyone
except herself; Atilla internalised emptiness and
never tried to reach the sublime by finding a hero
with integrity, he gave up before his life began; the
end of his story could be read in its beginning -
addicted to anything that kept life looking sullied


And empty, giving in to all temptations without
considering the needs of his loved ones, a wife
and daughters; not facing his shortcomings - just
charging on incapable of learning consideration,
kindness and the values of civilisation…


[19 December 2014]

[I refer to the Keurboslaan book series, the fictitious school principal
was noble and offered a moral system of integrity which made up for
the lack of such a thing in our family life, but my brother “Atilla” derided
the character of Dr Serfontein and did not accept this system to get up
out of the morass]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...