Friday, December 2, 2022

Need To Face Foes [Rev]


Growing up in a swirling, churning tornado threatening to 

destroy all in a moment, safety lies in finding the storm’s 

eye & isolating within an ivory tower: today life just doesn’t 

feel right with no horizon-menacing tornado; so, when 

life flows so smoothly less any problems forcing me

 

Weather storms by climbing onto a raft and sailing away 

over the horizon - it demonstrates something’s wrong, I 

need to face foes - to wrestle them to the ground - or 

cajole and scold the broke-hearted into improving 

themselves - otherwise I just become a lazy drifter on

 

The edge of life, binge-watching TV series and loosing

contact with reality, scrutinising lives of my loved ones to 

see where I can offer unsolicited advice; but my acerbic

tongue makes my beloved’s chary of attempts to pull them

up against their will - sometimes I have to watch their self-

 

Destructive behaviour without interfering in a self-inflicted

misery - I realise that only experience can teach - words

cannot reach the heart of anyone without their trying out

things for themselves; I have done the most idiotic things

in my journey through life and now have to respect the

 

Right of others to learn through trial and error - yet I would

love to be giving them guidance, though it would probably

constitute inspiring them from frying pan into the fire…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...