Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Brooding Presence

Tiaan and I at home alone, treated
him at the Wimpy, a cheeseburger,
chicken with sweet chili sauce for
me, now I can’t sleep, asked Tiaan
about his dreams and his life, he
says playing rugby and studying
English

What an astonishing thing when
boys turn thirteen, braying for
laughter, face all unhappy, is life
that bad for a teen? Nothing seems
to satisfy him, we can’t hold a con-
versation, always banging something,
making strange noises

A brooding presence wherever he
goes, I feel guilty when I see him,
somehow we failed him, probably
by bringing him into this world
which does not cater for teens
except to suppress them,
he stalks about

I hope he settles at high school, make
some new friends, become human,
stop digging for things at all hours
of the night and looking like Heathcliff
after the loss of Catherine…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...