Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Love The Irreverent Character

I love the irreverent character
created by an attorney-author –
a clever young girl, clearly the
author’s voice expressing his
criticism of foolish youngsters
and society’s foibles, he uses
his extensive experience of clients
to point out strategies to meet life’s
challenges, and advises on what
men want in women’s conversation –
add to that the stars in the author’s
eyes, his fascination with My Fair
Lady - and you have a winning combination;
his marvelous comments on bad music and
melodrama, his philosophy to explain how
every public deserves the entertainment
it gets, are fascinating, based on the ob-
servation that every society deserves their
political leaders also; what seems to be light
entertainment is a marvelously dense piece of
philosophy presented in archaic Afrikaans,
I smile at every quaint expression –
one of the books I have treasured
since my early youth…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...