Friday, January 23, 2009

Silence To Reach For Peace

There comes a time as my mind follows its
orbit around the centre of shining knowledge,
when I need silence to reach for peace be-
yond the turmoil of sensory stimulation, you
watch TV until you go to bed while I have to
flee to a sanctuary of quiet where the
thoughts in my head can rest

Reading my favourite books until all interest
wanes, turning back to the Bible, following the
well-known routes to retrace the steps to a silence
becalmed, sitting alone without distractions,
searching my feelings to determine progress
in creating meaning, adding the wisdom of
spiritual texts to the human message

Of destructive righteousness found in the Bible,
reaching for a nobler love than depicted in a jealous,
vengeful God who demands a ransom for sins of
all kinds, an all-too-human local nationalism, but
based on the most beautiful ideals humanity has
ever constructed, finding my safety in Psalm 91,
even if ten-thousand people should perish

I shall not fear when I trust in the Benevolent
Goodness and Love of Superconsciousness…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...