Saturday, September 15, 2012

Diet of Death and Deprivation


Since EVERYTHING is forbidden, bread, biscuits,
corn, wheat, sugar, salt, chocolate, coffee, leaving
only vegetables and certain fruit to eat and drinking
green tea, I crave granadilla cake with icing
 
Realising that following a diet does not make me feel
great nor solve the allergy, I ate the biscuits and white
roll I craved so long tonight, nothing to read except
Conan Doyle’s ‘Sherlock Holmes’ totally abridged
 
“Molly Moon” and Doris Collins’ The Power Within’ –
hoping to find inspiration there – I now have eyes
swollen to slits that would make Lord Voldemort of
Harry Potter fame seem like a beauty
 
As well as glowing cheeks like two red apples so I could
play the role of Snow-White’s evil stepmother convincingly,
luckily this is Saturday night, tomorrow time to convalesce
before getting regurgitated into Monday
 
To start following the diet of death and deprivation again…
 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...