Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Safe From Prying Eyes


I have a sneaky suspicion it was hoped the medication would enable
me to work harder on texts since I can sit quietly for hours on end –
but the medication only deadens nerve ends from my feet to my head,
my mental state of creative endeavour is unaffected and asserts itself
in words to be said, albeit hesitantly, in dreams to be shared, coloured
by my own philosophy

How can I remain mute while everybody else is expressing themselves 
robotically by repeating pre-set lines and terms after researching them in
Positivist fashion - where every terms is taken captive and shackled to
reflect only one layer of meaning without emotion, no associations allowed
– though I laud objectivism and scientific astuteness, I cannot remove myself
from the emotions boiling within my heart

Manifesting in passionate scenes that I cannot enact, shackled myself by a
conservative Puritanism that does not allow for any other emotion other than
piety – trying to be humble and once achieved, immediately guilty of the sin of
taking pride in this humility and thus losing the laurels that should go with it –
therefore I’ll stay a little heathen at heart, conforming to my society
burying my passion and feelings for spiritual existence 

After physical death has released me from the manacles and chains that held 
me so that all my heart contained had to be kept inside,  safe from prying eyes…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...