Friday, September 7, 2012

Missing Song Number One


Brought back a few books from my sis, Test Your EQ – Find
out how Emotionaly Intelligent you really are – by Professor
Mark Davis – terribly boring, I’m afraid, I cannot read it and the
long questionnaires to fill in just to determine how average I
am – no thanks, I shall happily continue in ignorance...
 
Then Aura Energy for Heath and Balance by Joe Slate, another
title that does not appeal as I think the aura is simply the energy
the body produces through electricity, but tonight I have nothing
else to read except Sherlock Holmes so terribly abridged as to
constitute a sin by the criminal editors of Readers’ Digest
 
They have carefully removed all excitement to make the final
Conan Doyle dish so bland it is like eating rice without sauce,
raw fish without sushi embellishments, drinking luke-warm tea
without sugar – in a word, as boring as can be – they have an
uncanny ability to reduce every great tale to nothingness
 
So tonight Aura Energy it will be, for better or worse, Martin is
watching Paralympics, Nici is at a club with a friend and Tiaan
is entertaining Angela, this is Friday night – which has always
been one of the most difficult times for me – at school it was
easy, I used to learn music or geography - then spent
 
A wonderful hour in the magical cave known as my brother’s
bedroom listening to the week’s Top Twenty Hits, delighted
to be amongst old radio and bicycle parts, batteries, books
and various tools, falling asleep then stumbling back to
my bedroom after missing Song Number One…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...