Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Keeps Me Writing


Chocolate cake, chemical reaction
intolerance, allergy - Thursday
is scrapped – right off the map
feeling hungry, angry, depressed
all because I ate that darn
chocolate cake!

Why should I have an allergy
to sour my life? I suppose that
it is to keep worse things at bay
at least I’m not blind or deaf or
too dumb, maybe it’s better to
suffer depression

Than to be the reincarnation of
Helen Keller who was both deaf
and blind – still, I wish I could enjoy
the use of ears and eyes with
a twinkle in my eye
instead of feeling

As if the dogs stole my food
or that the cat dragged me in
or that life has no meaning –
THIS is the scariest of all
losing a hold on existence
cast adrift on the sea

At least, the allergy keeps me
writing, maybe this is another
good thing – or is it?

You be the judge… 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...