Sunday, October 7, 2012

Stories Affect My Vision


This is funny but very stupid – after reading Dodger by Pratchett
till three in the morning I spent a lovely day of utter bliss carried
on the sparkling perspective of the characters, Sunday night we
watched Scream 3 before I had to go out in the night to collect my
son from where he works and suddenly the world looked scary to
me, the garden gate refused to unlock and I forced it open
 
Boxed in between two cars I felt uneasy, dissonant music played on
the radio and a pastor doomed all to hell, when I stopped so my son
could get in the car refused to unlock, I had to switch off and unlock
with the electronic key: this is madness – allowing external events to
determine my life, now I shall stick with safe movies, no more junk
because my eyes create the world I see and stories affect my vision
 
Only great stories of victory like Dodger for me!


"Dodger" Latest novel by Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...