Friday, October 26, 2012

Superior, Amused Cool

Friday night should hold some enchantment
but when my computer at work got angry at
me and refused to send finished documents
to my colleague, Friday night lost its shine -
nothing I did afterwards got it back

Learning passé composé for the eventual test
does not hold any charm so I did not even begin,
fixing the house does not seem very inviting –
in the end I settled in front of the TV watching
anaconda’s, dingo’s, tigers and hawks

Devouring their prey – I had a choice to watch
cricket of course, just join my beloved at the big
screen TV, but this does not appeal, I only take
him a glass of wine from time to time and the
night is all mine - but it’s energy I lack

Maybe dinner should have been more than a
chocolate with nuts, egg on rye and a cup of
coffee, yet I cannot be inspired to prepare a
meal for myself, it is self-help tonight - the
others got a takeaway - fish and chips

Not an option for me at all, staying away from oily
foods means no stomach-ache, though boring it
is better than suffering - now the seal looking like
an aquatic ballerina is unmasked as a ruthless
killer; the electric eel is stunning its prey

With a high voltage shock, a polar bear takes on
walruses - I might just as well been watching a
James Bond movie, this only lacks the iconic
theme music like ‘On Her Majesty’s Secret
Service’ with George Lazenby

It was a huge disappointment – later tonight
Pierce Brosnan will entertain in ‘The World is
not enough’ - as long as they play the theme
song, the movie will be fine - without it, the
superior, amused cool is gone


[Friday Night 25 October 2012]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...