Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Notes in my Journal

Made three mistakes in imparfait, wrote elle venais instead of elle venait,
she used to come to see us - watching James Bond while doing French
homework obviously was not such a good idea, wrote il mentais instead
of il mentait, he used to lie, and worst of all, elle cruvait instead of elle
croyait she used to believe, it is sacrilege to makes such crude mistakes

Yet even while berating myself I’m in front of the TV watching Roger Moore
in Octopussy, while knowing that I had to look up nous riions, we used to
laugh and vous vous habilliez, you used to dress as I still don’t know these
verbs, I cannot tear my eyes away from these old Bond films, Q fishing
in rustic clothes while Bond calmly walks about a beautiful woman at his side

They have doubled the guard watching him but an attack is already taking
place and Bond escapes by diving into the lake and getting picked up by
a motorised crocodile… fantastic, now to get back to French and watching
the vegetables steaming in the kitchen - I don’t think so, tomorrow is
another day, the film and vegetables I can do, but no more French

Later tonight I will get it right, now watching Bond stuck in circus trains and
still coming out tops takes first place, I’m afraid to say….


Notes in my Journal 24 October 2012

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...