Friday, October 26, 2012

Head Filled With Nonsense

Reading and repeating, letting the words wash over me,
trying to make sense of long sentences containing every
thought the original author had in his head, his suspicions
about the probable crimes of the miscreant he had set
himself to prosecute:

“For undue influence or real or supposed links to a public official or equivalent
who reportedly accepted directly or indirectly advantages with a view to obtain
rights or advantages for a third party, even if justified, and undue use of public funds

AND using his position to obtain unjustified advantage for himself or a third party
to the prejudice of the administration and contravening the regulations governing
such transactions with a view to realising advantage or loss

AND the flagrant participation in abusive exploitation of a dominant position in the
internal market or a substantial part thereof and (exhaling and taking a deep breath)
complicity” – THERE, the words have washed over me over and over

And with my head filled with nonsense and legalese, my
glasses askew, scientific left halve of the brain burning in
overdrive so that I’m in very real danger to become a
statistic of spontaneous human combustion – though
my colleagues need not fear

Everything will be intact, only my smoking shoes will
indicate where I have been before the angels of mercy
took me away from this misuse of language that could
have sung the most beautiful songs…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...