Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Fight To Stay Awake (Revised)


Sinking into confusion; first Tiaan loses his contact lens,

complains of a terrible headache, confesses his glasses

are broken – his dad whisks him away get it fixed – then

I discover the drain is blocked, a terrible smell, cleaned

up the mess amid nausea and chaos

 

Left for the old-age home with a chair and desk, it is

mom’s dream to be able to sit and write in her own

room, had no breakfast and felt ever so weak – filled

up with energy bars, bananas and chocolate – had

to fight to stay awake while driving home

 

A chaotic day – at least mom is glad to have a desk as

writing on her bed is not comfortable; after laughing

at a comedy or two life feels better again – but I’m still

not in tune to do my homework, sentences for French

and reading through the agricultural document

 
It’s enough to bring on even more nausea

09/02/2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...