Thursday, February 7, 2013

Evaporates Without Leaving A Trace


Great to read Unseen Academicals, enjoying
humour and wit, brilliant to see the nature of
reality according to William James, but as soon
as the book is lowered enjoyment is gone, only
my head’s emptiness remains - why is that?
Great to complete a difficult translation but I
hate the next whether similar in argument and
acronyms as much as when tackling the first –
as I’d never even done it already – why is this?
 
Before I so much more enjoyed reading, loved
the characters, took their adventures with me
as an ambiance in my head – but it does not
happen anymore; these days on closing the
book immediately magic is gone, any emotion
evoked by a story evaporates without a trace –
if this is what realistic life is I want none of it,
it is disgusting, a grey fog existence, a dreary
round of repetitive actions
 
And, as yet, it is not possible to escape it –
why should life be thus?


7 February 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...