Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Afternoon At Work

My chair is skew, my back is sore, my head aching
I cannot take it any more, sitting here with a thick 
head that cannot think, cheerfulness is the best 
way to preserve youthful looks, Charles Dickens 
said, but my cheerfulness has evaporated with 
the passing of this day, wanted to finish something,
anything today, and nothing came of it, the email 
is off, no communication, I'm caught in my own 
head, disillusioned with my own impossible self

Sliding down this ice-cold peak, no progress to report,
the only way is up but my head is swelling and fit to 
burst, the only thing I can offer all of you expecting 
hard work and great prowess - is my presence at 
my desk, hanging on for dear life on the only rope  
that has been tied to the stony side of this peak 
to be overcome to get to the next level in this play 
of wits against the technical terms with which 
my document abounds...


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...