Monday, April 29, 2013

A True Story Of Being Me - by Ronel O’Reilly

“I live my life in a host of stories
connected to other people's
stories in various ways
I understand and identify things
by placing them in the stories
I tell about them and then
find myself caught in a web

A web so perplexed I am
unable to tell the difference
between reality, or not - 
fragments of the imagination?
or fragments of real life drama?

After careful consideration,
no sleep, tossing and turning
my reality includes everything
that is and has been -
a true story of being me”

Ronel O’Reilly  

[Peanuts says:]

I love the way you describe the process of coming to understand
that life is the true story of yourself. Thank you for your courtesy
in allowing me to quote your poem here.

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...