Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Peppery-Tongued Duchess (REVISED)

Last night my sister unilaterally took charge and watched
her favourite TV program – even I felt estranged in my
own lounge, my beloved admirably containing his wrath;
he detests being taken to task by an outsider not part of
his nuclear family

Tried diplomacy, my docility is based on experience, but
my twin charged on like a bull in a China shop – & doing
anything wrong in her eyes would send her off to a hotel,
not stopping to greet me again; her friendship comes at
a price, she is the peppery-tongued Duchess while Mom

Is Queen of Hearts, indisputable monarch of her own
mental domain – when I told my beloved how invaded I
felt with her taking over last night while I tagged along
like a little fish in the wake of a great rampaging whale
he related how incensed he felt as she took over

The whole house – it was a clash of two Titans – luckily
no-one was hurt – next time sis comes around visiting I
shall arrange for time off from work and see her alone,
not involving my beloved in a situation where he cannot
offend for fear of hurting me

I cannot fathom my sister’s lack of delicacy, she would put
Lady Catherine de Bourgh* to shame for being bossy and
overseeing everybody’s affairs – especially my core family

*Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen, Lady Catherine (Darcy’s aunt)
condescended and scolded the poor into peace and plenty….
20 April 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...