Friday, May 3, 2013

My Melody For Today (Revised)

Bought flowers, yellow petals flaming orange,
toys & flowers set my mind afire, had to remove
two dolls and a fairy from crowded work space,
but these orange petals stand for desire

An anti-diminutives campaign wants signs of
childishness gone, thus I’m almost illegal,
but toys keep wonderment alive in my heart
so I refuse a more sophisticated icon

Cognoscenti decided cynicism is the sign of
emotional maturity, most accept conspiracy
as a realistic sound – I remain with Alice in
Wonderland and Le Petit Prince

And offer Mary Poppins’ teaspoons of sugar
to long-suffering colleagues listening to tunes
I’m humming in the office – Why does the sun
keep on shining? – my melody for today

3 May 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...