Friday, May 17, 2013

A Mystery To Me

The touch-screen cell-phone I have on loan from the office
pool is a mystery to me, touch the screen and strange things
happen, requests for Internet connections, Yahoo mail, Wifi
and Whatsup, pressing invisible sensors on the side has no
effect, list of contacts does not appear - I can’t make a call,
feeling envious of anyone who still owns an old cell phone

The other mystery is the chairs we bought for the study,
leaning over to the left caused the chair to bend - and you
complain about the kids breaking things while it is I who
cause the breakages, I am truly sorry - the next mystery is
a tragedy - the pill supposed to make me sleep does not
have any effect therefore I’m sitting on Nici’s old chair

Typing while everybody is asleep late at night - the last
mystery is the amount of junk we accumulate, you keep
all the boxes in which new gadgets come then blame us
when the study is a mess, the broken radio is here also –
why hang on to everything – oh schucks, I’m guilty too,
I keep my dad’s old tape recorder in my cupboard

As well as his old tapes - we collect sentimental things; 
today Nici fixed her bed, I have great hopes that a lot of
books will come to light after being used to prop up her
broken bed – you buy her the most expensive camera and
equipment yet can’t be moved to replace her bed; the most
exasperating mystery to me is - Why are your priorities

So exotic and so difficult to make peace with?

18 May 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...