Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Devil-Devised

Now I have taken my sleeping pill, tongue anaesthetised,
can’t talk - memory revives: today I realised office chairs
on little wheels are devil-devised, demonised- the most
evil invention visited upon mankind, false promises of
ease and false expectations of competence


My chair refuses to turn in the direction I want to go, sticks
on the edge of the plastic used to protect office carpets and
which once made my boss fall on its super-smooth surface;
my chair sticks and when finally dislodged, it moves in the
wrong direction – fact is, only two pairs of wheels


Are still fine, the rest have all broken off so I need to keep
the high part in front, the low part at the back - otherwise
I slide out of my chair all day – these chair wheels are so
demonic, they simply turn the wrong way all day long,
until I feel like killing or committing suicide…


[14 January 2015]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...