Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Bring Back My Smile

The New Year unfolds within the same safe
routines and calm evenings, kids ignoring us,
a colleague discussing a terrible Christmas,
crying, hyperactive family visiting  - while
others were having mini-strokes; the French
text on my desk: I need emotional incentives


To carry on, hoping that satisfaction in work
done will give a feeling of accomplishment 
and the joy in searching for magical objects,
rekindling the ability to discover trinkets to
offer as gifts sharing my delight with other
people; will return - but I feel quite bereft


Our security guard company is gone - there
are no friends to greet with laughter and fun
at the entrance - the stuffy office is a prison,
yet I DO count my blessings: It’s a privilege
to have a job and colleagues, to know I can
depend on them to be fair and hard-working


Sigh - good grief, if this isn’t the most boring
little life I’ve ever heard of  - I would like to
know what is, not even Bert Kaempfert’s
Swingin’ Safari and That Happy Feeling
have been able to bring back my smile…


[6 January 2015]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...