Saturday, January 31, 2015

Thank You My Love

THIS is why I adore my beloved so much - you make
the world safe, you have given me a new life - I was
an anxious child, scared of mother and father, fearing
for the safety of my twin sis who wouldn't stop calling
their wrath down on us - with the fear was the feeling
of living without love, as if we lived in a hostile, alien
world - then I met you and the friendship you offered


Was wonderful, yet wonderful things didn't mean much
as anxiety still reigned - then you explained your rules
for life; that's when I realised a miracle was happening
to me: for the first time I was safe, now I could choose
the joy of motherhood because my children would be
safe too; though I sometimes lose sight of these truths
as life goes on, forgetting why the rules are important


Though I blame you when your directions do not seem
wise; insight into the way your guidance made my world
safe and brought me delight always returns when danger
is overcome; like a knight you fight every dragon trying to
kill us and you give us a talisman - a rule by which
danger is averted; tonight, when our little prince came
home, disappointed with the conduct of his 'friends'


I saw you taking care of him, giving him love - and knew
this is why you are the King, I obey, honour and respect
you as you treat me like your Queen and extend your
benevolence to our whole family, leading us safely through
the world's labyrinth - I love you so much and would like
to honour you more - wish I could really put a crown
on your head, not just in thought: thank you my love


[1 February 2015]

[To Martin, my beloved, who takes such good care of Tiaan
and makes the rules that keep us safe from ruin, the kind that
follows when there are no limits – the way my parents lived
and everyone smashed up on their own.]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...